Eating Paleo doesn't have to break the bank! I am going to start posting more about eating clean on a realistic budget. I have allowed myself to spend $220 every two weeks on grocery items to feed a family of four. I eat a Paleo lifestyle, but I am really working on getting my husband and our kids at least 80/20.
So, this morning we went to COSTCO, and I walked out of there spending $136!
They have really awesome prices on meat!! I just wish they offered more organic meat, but they did offer great prices on their organic chicken and ground beef. Their produce section is AMAZING! They do offer a lot of organic options too. I didn't need any baking items, but they do offer organic coconut flour!
Here's a breakdown of what I purchased:
- pork chops - purchased 5.44 pounds @ $2.99 per pound - $16.27
- rotisserie chicken - 3 pounds - $4.99
- 2 dozen organic eggs - $6.99 per pack (picked up two packs)
- strawberries - $5.99 for 2 pounds
- pineapples $2.99 - picked up two
- lemons - $6.00 for a 5 pound bag
- organic chicken breast - purchased 3.80 pounds @ $5.99 per pound - $22.76
- bananas - $1.39 - picked up two bags - 3 pounds per bag
- avocados - 6 per bag $5.49
- asparagus - 2.2 pound bag $6.99
- minced garlic $4.49 - 48oz
- sardines - five pack - $8.49
- pack of olives - six cans per pack - $6.79
- red seedless grapes - four pounds - $7.99
- avocado oil $9.99 - one liter
- organic spinach 1 pound container - $3.99
COSTCO offers a lot of gluten free items too!! I was really impressed with everything they offered, and cannot wait to share more posts on eating clean and Paleo!
Even Jackson enjoyed COSTCO!!