Pyrex Meals // Low Carb High Fat

I love my glass Pyrex dishes. They are easy to travel with, and they are great if you are looking for portion control. I don't have any problems with the food leaking. I love eating a high fat, low carb meals. I stay full longer, and I am not craving awful food between meals.

I normally make my bacon at the beginning of the week, and make my eggs first thing in the morning.

If you are looking for the perfect soft boiled egg - this is how I make my eggs:

  1. Boil water (rapid boil)
  2. Add eggs after the water is boiling
  3. Turn down heat to medium
  4. Let boil (six minutes if you want the yolk runny, seven minutes if you want it soft)
  5. Once they are done boiling - run eggs under cold water
  6. Crack, and peel your eggs
  7. I love topping my eggs with sea salt, pepper, red pepper flakes or chives!
  8. Enjoy!! 

Soft Boiled Eggs with Half an Avocado and Bacon 

Crispy Eggs with Spaghetti Squash and Bacon.

Soft Boiled Eggs with Spaghetti Squash and Kale with a side of Crispy Prosciutto 

Soft Boiled Eggs with Bacon and a side of Roasted Red Potatoes 

Egg Salad with Trader Joe's Plantain Chips and a side of Fresh Tomatoes

Simple meals are the BEST!!

xo, Steph 


Chicken Cauliflower Fried Rice

I was getting bored eating a lot of the same foods over, and over. So, I decided to switch up my meals. I also needed to clean out my fridge! So, I decided to make chicken fried rice using cauliflower. So GOOD!

  • one large head of a cauliflower (made into rice)
  • once cup cooked chicken - chopped into bite size piece 
  • one zucchini - chopped
  • half of a sweet onion - chopped
  • one cup of carrots - chopped
  • two garlic cloves - minced 
  • two cups of broccoli florets 
  • 1/4 cup coconut aminos 
  • 2 teaspoons of Red Boat Fish Sauce 
  • salt + pepper - to season 
  • avocado oil

How to Make Cauliflower Rice

I lost the blade to my food processor - so the next best option was my grater. It worked like a charm, and it was a good arm workout!!

  1. Drizzle avocado oil into a hot pan
  2. Add all the ingredients to the pan, stir, and let cook for about ten minutes on medium heat. 
  3. Enjoy!

I love making cauliflower rice, it's great substitute for rice, and you won't miss those carbs!!

Simple, and easy!! 

xo, Steph 


Trader Joe's Haul

Do you ever just fall off hard with a diet? You tell yourself just one bite, and then it turns into two months of bad eating? You tell yourself tomorrow is a new day, I will start next Monday, I will start fresh next month. I tried each day, but sometimes things got really stressful, and pizza seemed to be the answer. I felt like complete shit too. I don't even know what happened. We had vacations, weddings, selling our house (which is on hold for 2016). SO MANY THINGS were happening all at once. Now that birthdays, vacations, weddings are all over - it's time to start fresh. I refuse to go into the holiday season continuing to eat like this. I couldn't tell you the last time I ate this poorly.

So, I went to Trader Joe's and stocked up on all the essentials. I am not planning on doing another Whole30 anytime soon, but I want to eat 95% this way. The other 5% will be for smoothies, and Paleo waffles. 

I love stocking up on quick meals that the whole family can enjoy. Trader Joe's frozen turkey burgers, chile lime chicken burgers, and their organic ground beef burgers are a life saver. The kids love them, and they are ready in less than 15 minutes. I love making tuna fish, and making little plantain chip sandwiches with them - SO GOOD!! If you are having a hard time finding Whole30 approved bacon, I really recommend their sliced prosciutto. You can make egg muffins with it, and it's really good when bake it in the oven. 

Glad to be back on track!! 

xo, Steph